Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It's That Time Of The Month Again...

when we all get a little emotional, and our hearts palpate a little faster. We women expect it every month and are all in tune to it. And this month we're gonna eat some CHOCOLATE! I'm not talking about any one's biological rhythms here, I'm talking about the monthly opening at Room With A Past! August 21, 22, 23, & 24 mark the Grand Re-Opening sale days. Hope you come by to nosh on some sweets, meet the new owner, Susan, and see the changes that have been completed in the shop. There will be a drawing for not only $50 and $75 gift certificates to the shop, but a spectacular Grand Prize; the coolest birdcage filled with cottage accessories, and a $100 gift certificate included! Get one drawing ticket with purchase AND get two tickets just for bringing in a friend!

I brought in a few great vintage toys and doll accessories for this month's sale:


Love this spaghetti dog playing the piano!

and I assembled some ephemera packets (full of sheet music, labels, dictionary pages and lots more!) for you to use in your crafting! Send me a picture of what you do with any of the contents, and I'll post it in a future blog!

Do you see those cherries on the typewriter's keyboard? I made them! My friend Rosann got me starting on making pom pom's, and I can't stop! I thought they'd be cute on a gift package, or on either end of a fabric valance in a kitchen!



I also brought in some furniture in anticipation of the fall months ahead: a great vintage dresser with glass knobs, a red half-round table and two upholstered chairs in great autumn colors for your Home Sweet Home.

5 comments:

  1. Great photos - you have some lovely pieces there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so much eye candy!

    Come by and see the last installment of my mystery trip!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See the little pink wicker chair on top of the black chest of drawers. There's an empty space there now. You've got to stop selling these sweet little chairs. I can't resist them.

    The store looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am having a Giveaway Contest.

    Stop by my Blog for details!

    http://thebarberbunch.blogspot.com/2008/08/my-giveaway.html

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. So how far is Walnut Creek from Orange County? :)

    ReplyDelete