Friday, July 31, 2009

All Because Two People Fell In Love

It was a beautiful a day as these two people are. I had looked forward to the wedding of my baby brother and my new little sister, Mary, for almost a year! I and my whole family are SO very happy they found each other.



I was delighted to be included in the wedding by making a few things for the reception.


I made these for Mary 'cuz she's a California girl to the core, who loves her flip-flops!




Then I made these scrolls for the wedding guests to fill out with their memories, hopes, dreams and advice for the newlyweds! They will all be put into a scrapbook (my wedding gift to them!)
I also decorated the toasting glasses with rhinestone initials and white roses. It was also my (nerve wracking) duty to deliver the cake to the reception site an hour away! Everything went as planned, and we all partied the (hot) night away.

And as if we didn't have enough to celebrate: my sweet sister, Madonna came with her husband Albert (my dance partner for most of the evening), all the way from Louisiana!
along with her daughter (my niece) Rebecca and her beau Rusty.
While they were here, joined by my sister Joan, we got to visit Wendy Addison's shop "Theatre of Dreams" in Port Costa!


It was truly a magical time to remember!

5 comments:

  1. How lovely, Jan. What a big sister you are. Those flip-flops are gorgeous!!I wish your brother and his new wife much happiness.
    Can we go to that place in Port Costa some time? Together? I've heard so much about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful wedding gown your new "sister" had! It looked like a lovely wedding! My first born got married on Aug. 4, 2007 and just celebrated her second anniversary and I still have such wonderful memories of her wedding day! This post makes me want to pull out the video and have us sit down and reminisce! Congrats to your family! Suzie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome wedding details!!!
    How lucky to have family over all the way from Louisiana! So did they make the party more fun or what??? ;)
    everything vintage

    ps...great blog you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those flip flops! :) So very cute! You are so very clever! I also loved all the other goodies you made for the wedding too! :)

    ReplyDelete