Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Workbench Wednesday ~ COMPLETED

Here's a roundup of what I've been working on and completed! These all sold in my spot at Room With A Past this last week.

Remember those dresses you saw here two weeks ago? They were photocopies of real doll dresses! I choose 6 of them to copy, cut out and string on Divine Twine (Hi Whitney!) with tiny clothespins to form a banner.



These two 16 x 20 canvases were covered with old book pages (you can still read them if you click on the photos!), and then I painted a bird silhouette on them.



They still needed a little something more, so I made paper flowers with mother-of-pearl button centers.




And this last one had nothing to do with me other than I'm the one who stuck it on a lamp and took the picture at the shop. My friend Jean came across a load 'o girdles, and couldn't resist stretching (It must be like a size 0! Why would a person that small even need a girdle??) one over a newly found shade to come up with a winning combo of fun and flirty!



What have you been working on? Please share!

2 comments:

  1. I made nine felted soaps for Easter gifts today. My hands are in need of some Aspercream lotion tonight.
    I just love the little dresses. That is such a beautiful idea. I'm sure someone will buy it up quickly
    Happy Easter, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet that was fun felting those soaps! Please post about them! And thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete