Thursday, May 3, 2012

Getting Green at The Pink House

There is a huge shortage of green thumbs at the Little Pink House. So why all the greenery?



It's a combo of the late-season rains and the fact that we just had a new lawn put it. I just took these photos a few days ago, and it already looks different--things are growing and blooming like CRAZY!



Can you see the Ipomoea (evergreen morning glory)? It's really come back since the frost, and is now covering the whole back fence. When it blooms, it changes from dark purple to pink, and it's SO EASY to grow, even I can do it! We've never had a fire in the fireplace, but now we light the candles at night and it's SOOOO pretty.



Here's a side shot of my nightly paradise--the new spa!



The roses on the old rusty box springs are open and fragrant.



Stella walks the walk and talks the talk. (The dog bows to her wishes). Looks like I need to wash my dishes!



Here's the spa again. I've been tracking the Big Dipper every night from it. (There's a joke in there somewhere, but I'm not going to address it).



Here's where I and my glass of OJ start the day; watching the birds in the trees across the creek.



How long will the grass stay green? I don't know, but it looks like I've got an audience, so I'll give it the old (Junior) College try!

2 comments:

  1. I hate to tell you this but the grass will stay green if you WATER and FERTILIZE it... but you knew this... right?
    This backyard looks wonderful. I've been there before. I thought it was pretty then, but now it's spectacular.
    I WANT A SPA. WAAAA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks so pretty and very relaxing, a great place to have that morning oj or chase that big dipper!

    ReplyDelete